The Rodes On The Road
We are the Family Rodes behind the Rodes On The Road we called ourselves the dwarf Rodes because most of our family members are giants and it’s only us who are the shortest. We’re also the smallest numbers of Rodes as mostly everyone has more children than us.
Do you know what is great to be a Rode? All of us have alternate children the first two kids can be a boy and a girl which I can say we’re so blessed.
We’re a family who wants to see the other parts of the city and another side of the world. We enjoy seeing places, learning history, culture, and experience other traditions and to taste some delicacies. We love to collect souvenirs and monies from the places we visited. It doesn’t matter how cheap or expensive the keepsakes as long as it says something about the area and remind us what the site is all about! We created this page to entice other families to travel and share our experiences along the way. To help guide other family travelers who were not able to see the places we’ve been to yet! May our journey will be your guide and inspiration for your travels as well.
About Me and Hubby
I am April Key Rode with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management. I am from the Philippines and move here in America 12 years ago. My hobbies are traveling, researching, reading, writing, stitching and dancing. I am fun of sports like basketball, badminton, and soccer! I love organizing events and planning is my favorite thing to do. My husband called me a Cylon wife who always has a plan! I am the mother of these two beautiful kids named Kyle and Keira. Grateful to have a wonderful loving husband.
My husband is Nate; he is a Masters Degree in Information Technology, a straightforward man who is very smart, articulate and perfectionists in everything he does! He loves playing electronic games and programming is his favorite thing to do. He’s a very well rounded person, so I think Keira got it from him except his the same as Kyle who enjoys the comfort of our home.
- She’s a sweet girl with a great sense of humor like her dad!
- A smart and talented young lady who dreams to become an artist and a world traveler someday. Always determined to learn new things!
- Her hobbies are cooking, baking, reading, drawing, acting, dancing, cheering, biking, tumbling, skiing, ice skating, roller skating, swimming, running and playing basketball.
- Music is her life! She loves making music since she started talking and enjoys making her songs and playing instruments. Her goal is to learn as many as she can, but she’s leaning more to string instruments. She plays keyboard, ukulele, guitar, and cello!
- Oh.. she’s also a great baker in the kitchen, she loves baking it’s her past time. A very well rounded girl.
- He is a very homebody person he doesn’t like to do much; he enjoys the comfort of our home.
- Jumping, playing basketball and skiing are his three favorite things to do.
- His favorite tv series is Ninja Go and Samurai Jack.
- His Keira’s first fan. He’ll seldom ask his sister Keira to bake something for him.
- We called him monkey since he was a baby because he loves eating the banana and now he switches it to banana cake or banana bread! An adamant boy but very protective and caring to his family!
I traveled a lot since I was a little kid and always be on the road as my mother is a single parent and always has to travel around Cebu, Philippines to meet the farmers around the State. As a Tourism graduate, I was able to travel around for some of our subjects that are related to travel. Nate in the other hand able to travel with his family and visited most of the west coast as he is born and raised there in his younger years.
As a couple, we both traveled a lot in the Philippines before coming here in the US and we continue to visit places even when we have the two K’s. Money and work are a big factor in planning.
The following listed below are the countries we visited as a couple and as a family.
- Camiguin Island
- Boracay Island
- Camotes Island
- Puerto Princessa
- El Nido
- Bantayan Island
- Malapascua Island
United States Of America
- New York
- District Of Columbia
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- Cancun Mexico
- Playa Del Carmen
- Chichen Itza
Baja California Sur
- Los Cabos
- Los Frailes
- San Jose
- Damnoen Sadak Floating Market
- Johor Bahru
- Kuala Lumpur