Bangkok is our 6th stop for our Southeast Asia Trip. Bangkok is the Capital City of Thailand. It is a touristy area, but you will be surprised how much the world is changing. However, Thailand people were able to preserve their culture and tradition. There are so many things to do in Bangkok as a whole. If you’re the kind of person who loves history, then you’ll be happy to visit this place and learn about this country. Read more about Bangkok Thailand here.
We have this tradition that every time we come home. Our extended family and family whoever likes to join can join with us. So on this trip, they met us in Bangkok, and that’s where we spent our time together with them. We stayed with American Family; it’s the brother of my sister in law who happens to live in Thailand with his family. I was somewhat hesitant because I don’t know and meet them yet. For my kids to have someone to play and speak with the same language is fantastic. It is also very nice to meet new people during your travels.
We flew from Chiangmai Thailand to Bangkok and agreed for them to pick us up and will be spending time in the mall. I arranged it that way so the kids can have time to play, but my plan was ruin because of our delayed flight. We expect to arrive in Bangkok at an early afternoon and be with them. I’m glad Alexandra the host was there to take my family malling. While my family is always stuck at the airport waiting if they have the plan to haul us to our destination. LoL
We arrived tired and exhausted. The family driver picked us up at the airport and took us to the house as it is already early at night. My family already back from the malls and relaxing waiting for us to arrive.
Why it’s good for your kids to meet friends while you’re out of the country travel?
- My kids were thrilled to see the kids at their house when we arrived. Their faces brighten, and it is also good for them to have some playmates during your travels.
- They were able to eat some goldfish. Ah, how can I forget to pack this goldfish.? LoL glad the host shared some. I still remember Keira face full of excitement when Alexandra mentioned this goldfish.
- Traveling from one country to another is exhausting with kids this age. Staying in somebody house can widen the kid’s mind and feel more relaxed and at home than staying at a hotel.
I will state it here that I did much research when we were planning our trip. So even we ended up staying with extended family I wanted to share this. The places that I’ve been looking to stay in Bangkok and interested are:
Best Area To Stay In Bangkok:
- Siam Square
Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square is very accessible to everything. It is within walking distance to some of the big malls, restaurants and shopping areas in Bangkok. A family-friendly hotel and it is very near to BTS it means it’s accessible to travel by train. I won’t hesitate to stay here when we have the chance to come back to Bangkok in the future.
For our tour, I hired a tour guide; it is one of the best tour guides in Thailand. She’s the one who handles the celebrity tour in Thailand. I didn’t know that she’s one of the best and famous one until one of the tour guides mentioned it to me. She’s very professional, and she’s very knowledgeable about their country. She has many tour packages set up, and you will choose which one you like to do. She also arranged our van for our tours.
I salute her patience with my family and to our son. When you traveled with family, it’s a conflict of interest. I used to tour guides because I used to go with tour guides during college days. We visited places to enjoy it and at the same time to learn the people, culture, tradition and so much more. Whereas my family, they wanted to go and have their picture taken with all those rock formations. Hahaha.
We hardly took pictures ourselves, to be honest, it’s so hard to maneuver when you have two very young kids with you. A stroller to push, a personal bag plus a diaper bag? OmG! It’s impossible sometimes. But, I guess traveling with someone who loves to pose every second is helpful now. Lol!
Tour Itinerary in Bangkok
- While our extended family went malling at Siam Paragon with Alex, the female host. We arrived in Bangkok later in the day because of our delayed flight with AirAsia.
- My husband and I had a dinner cruise on the Chao Phraya River with the host couple on our first night.
- We did the Ayuthaya Tour and tasted some of the local food at their market, and it was delicious.
- It’s my extended family turn to do the dinner cruise in Chao Phraya River, and Keira goes with them.
- The whole family did Bangkok City Tour and visited most of their temples.
- We ate dinner at a Thai Restaurant in Sukhumvit area with our host Alexandra.
- Together with our extended family, we went to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. On our way there we stop by the Coconut Sugar Farm Factory.
- Were starving when we arrived, and we noticed there is a food area next to the house, so we went there and ate lunch. It was good we were able to taste some Thai food and eat where ordinary Thai people eat. All my picky eaters survived with no problem.
- It’s time for us to go home.
- While I packed Nate and Alex went to a nearby park and let the kids play. The kids were able to relax and enjoyed playing the other kids.
Things To Do With The Family In Bangkok
- Dinner Cruise on the Chao Phraya River
- Bangkok City Tour
- Safari World
- Siam Park City
- Muay Thai Live
- Madame Tussauds
- Art In Paradise
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World
- Dream World
- Siam Niramit
Things To Do With Small Kids In Bangkok
- Dusit Zoo
- Snow World
- Bounce Bangkok
- Ice Skating
- Laser Game
- Children’s Discovery Museum
- Dinosaur Planet
- Fantasia Lagoon
A Day Trip Outside Bangkok:
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Coconut Sugar Farm Factory
- Half Day Ayuthaya Tour
What to do with kids during your travel in hot weather:
- Bring lots of cold water.
- A lot of pair to change clothes
- Make sure to rent an air-con vehicle
- If it’s your dream to see the real gold temples and Buddha, I suggest picking one tour. Like for example, a half day city tour or Ayyuthaya don’t pull more of them even if you segregate it to two half days. Remember not to make the same mistakes I did because Bangkok can be so hot for younger children.