• Population: more than 4 billion, yes that’s billion!
• Land Area: 45,036,490 square kilometres (17,388,690 square miles)
• Countries: 48
• Highest Peak: Mount Everest, on the border of Nepal and China, rises 8848 meters (29,029 feet) above sea level. The tippy top of the world.
• Largest Lake: Caspian Sea
• Longest River: the Yangtze or Chang Jiang. At 3,964 miles (6,380 kilometers) long it’s the third longest in the world.
• Smallest Country (by land area and population): the Maldives, a country made up of 26 atoll islands found in the Indian Ocean.
• Biggest Country (by land area): the Russian Federation
• Largest Nation (of people): China
• Languages: hundreds spoken, for example, India alone has 30 official languages, and Indonesia has 12, with many more spoken amongst families at home. English, Arabic and Mandarin Chinese are most common across the continent.
Is bounded by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Pacific Ocean to the east, the Indian Ocean to the south, the Red Sea (as well as the inland seas of the Atlantic Ocean—the Mediterranean and the Black) to the southwest, and Europe to the west. Asia is separated from North America to the northeast by the Bering Strait and from Australia to the southeast by the seas and straits connecting the Indian and Pacific oceans. The Isthmus of Suez unites Asia with Africa, and it is generally agreed that the Suez Canal forms the border between them. Two narrow straits, the Bosporus and the Dardanelles, separate Anatolia from the Balkan Peninsula.
Are enormously varied as would be expected of such a large landmass and a diverse population. Constitutional monarchies, absolute monarchies, one-party states, federal states, dependent territories, liberal democracies, and military dictatorships are all factors in the region, as well as various forms of independence movements.
PEOPLE & CULTURE
It encompasses the common and diverse customs and traditions of art, architecture, music, literature, lifestyle, philosophy, politics, and religion that have been practiced and maintained by the numerous ethnic groups of the continent of Asia since prehistory.
Identification of a specific culture of Asia or universal elements. Among the enormous diversity that has emanated from multiple cultural spheres and three of the four ancient River valley civilizations complicated. However, the six geographic sub-regions, that are characterized by apparent commonalities, like religion, language, and relative ethnic homogeneity.
5 REGIONS OF ASIA:
♥ Central Asia
Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan
♥ East Asia
China, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau
♥ South Asia
Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nepal, the Maldives
♥ Southeast Asia
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Lester, Vietnam, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands
♥ Western Asia
Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia