Why You Need To Visit New York City During The Spring Season?
New York City is one of the best city in the world. A city that never sleeps and I can attest that it is true. Even if it’s a lively city to visit still, there are lots of things to do here if you’re a type of person who doesn’t like a crowded place and or is not fond of drinking and or nightlife. The city has so many things to do in any travelers.
New York City has a lot to do all season long, but in my perspective, I would love to visit here in spring, summer, and fall. I visited this place two times during the winter and oh boy not fun especially you have to haul small children with you plus need to bundle up because of the cold. The highlight of our visit is to witnessed the Christmas season in the city and to see the massive tree. Visiting during this time of year with small children and as a Filipino its not fun you can be holding your little kid, and your face is in somebody butt! Lol, it’s true. My favorite is during Spring season. I went here together with my sister in law and went back again with my daughter, aunt, and sister.
Why visit New York City during the Spring season?
- Perfect time to roam around the area as the weather can be ideal not too hot and not too cold.
- The flowers bloom, and it’s pretty to look at them around especially those flowers planted in front of a lovely classy building.
- It means you can see a lot of attractions both indoor and outdoor without freezing your butt off.
- The attractions in NYC are blooming.
- More fun things to do and it’s lively to look at outside with all the green leaves coming to life.
I’ll list the events that will happen during the Springtime in case if anyone of you will be interested to see one of them during your visit. I witnessed the Macy’s, Flower Show. We both love this store so much so that’s why we can’t miss going into this store. It’s one of the biggest Department Store in the world and too many to shop and see around. What surprises us is its the week of Macy’s Flower Show, and the Department Store looks more lovely with all the fresh spring flowers decorated everywhere in the store. Honestly, it feels magical and the best birthday gift ever from my hubby and sister in law. I love spring, and I love flowers so, to be honest, I’m like a small kid for awhile enjoying the simple things in life.
Spring Festivals in New York City
Macy’s Flower Show
- This festival happens every year around the end of March to the first or second week of April. The ground floor in Macy’s will be decorated with all the different varieties of flowers and is perfect for visiting during the Spring season where the park is still closed and too cold to venture outside. You’ll be amazed at how it brings joys to the shoppers and visitors around the world who got to enjoy and visit the city during the season. The show this year will be held during the week of March 24- April 7, 2019.
- Do you love sports? Are you a Yankee fan? Then it’s the best time of the year to visit and see your favorite baseball team as they open the season from March- September.
- Orchid Show is a Flower Festival that features thousands of orchids one of the best events in New York City. It’s in New York Botanical Garden particularly in 2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx inside the Enid A. Haupt Observatory. They start on the 23rd of February and will last on the 28th of April this year 2019. Tickets will vary by days $23 on the weekdays and $28 during the weekends. Tickets can be purchased here.
Tilt Kids Festival
- This festival incorporates the French arts and culture mostly targeted the youngsters. Through a series of programs in music, dance, philosophy, magic, design, and arts combined that incorporate the work of globally the French artist. They celebrate it on the 2nd of March to 31st of this month year 2019.
Sakura Matsuri Cherry Blossoms Festival
- The Festival is on April 27th- 28th this year 2019 from 10: 00 am to 6: 00 pm in Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Take the 2/3 train on the subway to Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn Museum. This festival is one of the picturesque event in Brooklyn that a lot of visitors flock the area. It is a fantastic event featuring the famous Japanese Cherry Blossoms and Japanese culture. Ticket prices vary by age $30 for Adults, Students and Seniors will be $25, and Children under the age of 12 are free. Tickets will be available here and if you need more information about it.
Brooklyn Folk Festival
- This Folk Festival is held on April 5- April 7, 2019, in Brooklyn Heights. It is a three days events featuring films that you can never see anywhere in New York City, a different genre of music from a different country with total 40 plus band joined together to celebrate this event. They accept volunteers and those who volunteer they will receive Tix and can get free whole admission tickets to the game if you volunteer the entire duration of the event. It’s good to witness and learn other culture through music and participating activities like this. Tickets can be purchased here.
Puppetry Art Festival
- The Puppetry Art Festival is a free family event and will be good for families to enjoy together. The event will be in the 4th- 5th Avenue from 11: 00 am to 3: 00 pm no matter what the weather condition. All ages can enjoy the arts and craft activities prepared on this event with a fee of $2- $5 including tote decorating, spin art and puppet making there are also gift bags to first 200 kids. It will be on April 27, 2019, in Old Stone House Park in Brooklyn.
Apple Blossoms Children Carnival
- It starts on April 6 until April 14 every Saturday and Sunday of the week only in Glen Oaks, Queen New York. This festival is just right for families with younger age children from 2-12 years old. The kids will enjoy playing the farm museums, carnival rides, hay rides and kids craft in Con Ecology booth. The admission tickets include all that mentioned and the farm ground. Please bring cash as you need money on some activities. There is an ATM on site but due to demand better to be prepared.
Broadway Spring Festival
- This festival will be during May, and this year it will be on the 5th of May 2019. It will be in the upper west side in New York City between 86th street to 93rd street. There will be art and crafts, food and music to enjoy.
Things To See And Do With Your City Pass
- Empire State Building
- American Museum of Natural History
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Guggenheim Museum or Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- Ferry Access to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island or Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum or Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Summary: The City Pass attractions together with Macys Flower Show can be done in total three days visit for younger people but elders, it might need more days to complete this. Per my understanding when you visit between the end of March to April, you got to do the Macys Flower Show, Brooklyn Folk Festival, Orchid Show, Apple Blossoms Festival. If you visit during the end of April, you have many things to do and see in Brooklyn area aside from the City Pass attraction. When you decide to visit around this time and trying to do everything at once make sure you have at least 5- 7 days allocated time to see it if you’re older plan to add more days to add rest in between of your travel time as it can be tiring to walk from one attraction to the other.
Disclaimer: Please direct to their website for the exact dates and time for the events all ideas are mine.