Johor Bahru: What To Do In Johor Bahru With Younger Kids
Johor Bahru, Malaysia is our 3rd stop for our Southeast Asia Family Adventure. It is one of the states in Malaysia where people love to come to shop besides seeing the historical sites. It is home for Legoland and so much more. This town is near the border.
We rented an SUV with a driver to drive us to Johor Bahru. The immigration process is easy, but it took us longer than we expected. We let our kids used their American passports, and the authorities didn’t ask any questions and let us go. We arrived in the early afternoon and went to our hotel which was good quality for a reasonable price.
Hotel Jen is within walking distance to Sanrio Hello Kitty Town and The Little Big Club. These two places are perfect if you are traveling with kids between 1-8 years old. We have a 1-year-old son and a 4- year old daughter, and it was perfect for our family. We planned this trip mainly for my children because my daughter is a crazy lover of Hello Kitty. The Little Big Club is also perfect for my son.
We still have some time left to check one of the places, but we chose to go there and bought our tickets ahead of time. They have a water fountain there which the kids enjoy playing in. There are stores, restaurants and dessert place which we tried and loved.
Why do you need to go to Johor Bahru if you have 1-8 years old with you?
- It is home to Sanrio Hello Kitty Town, and it is perfect for little girls like my daughter age to wander in this place.
- The Little Big Club is fantastic for boys and girls alike.
- The children enjoyed watching their favorite characters perform.
- It’s a dream come true for kids this age to be in this place.
- The characters that used to see on the T.V. they got to talk to, hug and have their picture taken with them.
- They have a lot of scheduled activities for the kids to do and enjoy like painting nails and so much more.
- There are lots of rides for the little ones to enjoy.
Tips In Going Here:
- Buy your ticket ahead of time online or buy it beforehand.
- Be an early bird because the line can be long and crowded. You never know.
- There is not a wide variety of food. Be aware of that if you have a picky eater with you.
- Restaurants, desserts, and stores for shopping are accessible.
Prices can be very high, but they are standard for Malaysia.
- If you have kids this age, it will be perfect to stay in Hotel Jen as it is within walking distance to this area.
- Hotel Jen has a free shuttle bus going to Legoland. Have a reservation early and reserve your seat.
- Johor Bahru has so many things to offer from kids activities
to adults who love museums, history and for those who like to wander around the area.
How To Get There?
- You can ride by bus. Busses run from Singapore. More details on how to ride a bus from Singapore to Johor Bahru
- You can also rent a private vehicle either car or taxi.
- Ride a train from Singapore to Johor Bahru.
- Rent a car and drive yourself from Singapore to Johor Bahru.
- A charter van and bus is going from Singapore to Johor Bahru.
We stayed there for a total of two nights, but we took it slow. The kids were having a blast. We spent all day in the Sanrio Hello Kitty Town and The Little Big Club. My children didn’t want to go anywhere else. That’s how this place can capture the heart of small children. If you’re traveling with children this age, please be flexible with your time and let them enjoy. Instead of going crazy and makes them cranky and exhausted.
I am a crazy traveler, but I am aware that my kid’s body isn’t like ours. I would recommend to new parents to take it slow especially if you have little ones with you. We left Johor Bahru on our 3rd day there by a plane going to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. The same driver and vehicle picked us up at our hotel to go to the airport. Please see Kuala Lumpur Malaysia: Itinerary and List To Remember