Gracefully Versatile Award 2019 For Rodes On The Road
Gracefully Versatile Award 2019. What does that mean? A versatile person is one who can adapt to do many things or serve many functions. This award is my fourth award, and I have collected a total of seven nominations from other bloggers. I was nominated three times for the Sunshine Blogger Award. From my perspective, versatility is a necessary component of successful blogging. Bloggers have to adapt to change, be excellent in planning, marketing, design, and business. It’s a lot of work and the business needs to be learned one step at a time.
Being versatile is an important quality for everyone. Being flexible can help you get through life. Challenges beginning at a very young age pushed me into learning to adapt quickly to change. It made me strong and compassionate. ” The World Is Like A Wheel, Sometimes You Are At The Top And Sometimes At The Bottom.” We need to know how to live in whatever moment we are in, whether it be a moment of abundance or lack. Living in the moment is essential to accepting and loving our lives, but we must also be wise to plan how to better the future. Learn from the mistakes of the past, both yours and others, as our time on Earth is too short to waste it making the same mistakes.
I was nominated last year by Nilakshi of merakimusings.org for the Gracefully Versatile Award. I am grateful and honored to accept the nomination and be part of the Gracefully Versatile bloggers. Nilakshi is a great writer, and I love reading and following her self-care, self-love, self-improvement, positive blog with tips that can help you through your daily routine. This kind of affirmation and positivity help you through whatever your daily internal battles.
I accept this nomination! I am surprised and thrilled that someone noticed me and gave me this award. Through this, my readers will get to know me better, and I have the opportunity to nominate others.
Let’s Start With The Rules Of The Post And Fun Facts About Me:
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
Thank the person who nominated you.
Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 more bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
7 Random Facts About Me:
- Since I was nine years old, no matter how much money you gave me, I always found ways to increase it. I bought bags of candies and sold them to my friends and classmates until it will turn to P200 or more. One pack of candy can be parleyed and produce a return of an entire bag of sweets, chips, chocolate bars, etc. Lol.
- If danger is on the way, God always gives me warning signs and helps me to pray. Yes, it is an advantage, but sometimes it is scary. But it is a gift that God gave me from the time I was a young child.
- I didn’t like to play girly-girl toys when I was little. I enjoyed playing cards, especially Marvels! I grabbed my sister’s daily allowance so I could buy and collect more Marvel cards. Lol. Are you a fan of Marvels too? Don’t forget the power ranger cards also.
- I can’t stand bullying! Since I was a small child, I would get in trouble for protecting my classmates from bullies. I believed in speaking up and doing something about it! If you are silent and allow yourself to be belittled and degraded continuously, you give the bullies permission to abuse you. For me, that is not okay. It has to stop!
- Drawing is my weakness! Lol. Growing up until college days, I would shed tears if I had a drawing assignment as I can’t do it. I’m glad I’ve always had great friends who are good at drawing and share their talent with me! Lol. That’s how I understood the importance of art in our lives. When I was pregnant with my two kids, I prayed that God would give them the talent to draw as I can’t help them with that. As you have noticed, both of them are artistic. It’s an answer to my prayer.
- I had short hair growing up and never wore a dress. Lol. When I reached college, I was the total opposite! I wore fitted clothes, teeny tiny heels, and of course, lipstick. Our school was known in our city as a strict Catholic school. Every time we entered, the security guard asked us to raise our hands to see if our tops covered our midriffs. I’d tug my shirt and stretch it down make sure I passed inspection. You couldn’t enter the school premises if the security guard saw your belly when you raised your two hands. Isn’t it crazy? Lol.
- In college days, I carried an elegant looking bag. But I had a secret. Lol. My bag was always full of cupcakes and snacks to sell to my classmates and friends when they were hungry. Of course, I ate from my stash too! We were too lazy to go down the stairs to the canteen from the 4th floor between classes. Are you wondering where I stored my class notes? I made sure to write them in as small a script as possible so as fit them all in one to five long papers every grading period. I made sure I didn’t need a big notebook to carry around to make room for the snacks! I always had a small paper bag with me to carry some of my books and snacks to sell. Do you think you can guess if it’s all the sweets inside my shiny, elegant bag? Lol.
My Nominees Are:
- Lily Wunders by Lily
- The Caffeinated Introvert by Lina
- Perth Travelers by Wendy and David
- Latitude Adjustment by John and Susan
- The Hidden Coconut by Stefanie
- Chris and Eena
- Traveling Tanya by Tanya
- European Slice Of Life by Marianna
- Curiously Erin by Erin
Lifestyle/ Other Bloggers:
- Circle Square Oval by Lori
- Phrase D by Dr. Kimberlie
- A Self Guru by Atty. Amira
- Boss Single Mama by Rebecca
- Many Facets Of Life by Denise
- Golden Bloggerz by Chris
The following links are the ones from the previous awards.
- Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination: Are We An Inspiring Page?
- Rodes On The Road Got Nominated For Bloggers Recognition Award
- Rodes On The Road Got Nominated For The Liebster Award 2019
- Mystery Blogger Award Nomination
Disclaimer: Some links in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through them, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps cover the cost of running this blog. Thanks for your support!
Nice read April. I like the way you see danger signs. I guess it’s a sixth sense some of us are born with. The Guardian Angel of our life.
Yes, I agree with Owen, the guardian angel of our life! I guess you know how I meant on this one. Thanks for stopping by.
Nilakshi at merakimusings
You are so amazing and you totally deserve it! It’s great to know your fun facts, I love your wisdom of making extra money and growing your pocket money by your own unique ideas, this is a phenomenal gift. Your shiny elegant bag is a magic bag, I must say 🙂 And yes, we are same when it comes to bullying, and I did not like to play girly toys either! All the best and stay versatile!
Hahaha, I guess that’s what makes us connected! So what’s you enjoy playing if you don’t play dolls? 🙂
Congratulations on your versatile award! You really deserve it. I applaud you for having the ability to stay up and speak up to bullies. Being very introvert and shy, I did not have it in me. I too love to draw and my kiddos are little artist for the most part.
We all are different, and we all have our strengths and weaknesses. I admire your talent, Monique. So lucky for your kids to have a mom who has full of arts.
I am so impressed with your bag full of snacks! That is genius! Your friends must have loved not having to walk down to the canteen, and it would have been a good way for you to fund your first travel adventures!
I didn’t know that you like to draw. Have you considered blogging about your art?
Lol. I don’t know how to draw it is my kids who have the talent in art. Thank you, Josy.
Hi April, 1st of all congratulations and you really deserve it. I read many of your post and I admit that your way of writing is very unique I wish I have that ability to write like you.
Congratulations again with love.
Thank you Abdul for the kind words today. I’m glad you enjoyed reading my blog.