Mystery Blogger Award Nomination
I am thankful and grateful that Kez nominated me for this award. She is the author of k-in-motion. She writes about her travel journey around Asia, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and North and South America. Traveling solo is her expertise and she was recognized as in the top 100 Solo Travelers. When Kez is not climbing mountains she acts as a coach and teacher for the children in the country where she is currently traveling.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
This award was created by Okoto Enigma. It was created as a way for blogs that haven’t been discovered to gain recognition.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Mystery Blogger Award Rules
1) Put the award logo/image on your blog
2) List the rules
3) Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6) Nominate 10 – 20 people
7) Notify your nominees
8) Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9) Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Facts About Me
Ah, where do I begin? As I mentioned before I try my best to participate and give back to other bloggers the nomination they have given to me. I attempt to answer every question thrown at me honestly so my readers know me and can relate to where I come from and who I am as a person.
When I received this award I’m thinking, “What? How can she know that our lives are a mystery?!” Lol. It’s true. Our life stories are similar to dramas in a movie. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that people are experiencing that level of drama in their actual lives. We grow from struggles. To be honest, I have a lot of “whys” with regards to my father and I know all I can do is pray. Those why’s will be left unanswered by him. The tragedy of Kobe Bryant’s death hit me really hard. I wrote this long poem. Something I thought I could never do. I don’t know if my father could understand this poem if I gave it to him.
I’ll take this opportunity for you all to know me deeper. I hope you enjoy it.
Love Of Basketball
My love of basketball started with you!
Seeing you play full of energy and enthusiasm,
Running from one side to the other,
No matter what angle and distance I can see you shoot that ball in an instance.
As the crowd went crazy, clapping their hands, cheering you on as they jump for joy
Every time you grab that ball from somebody’s hands.
I was confused and never understood
How that game worked, but the sports left footprints in our hearts!
Living far away from you was very hard
All a little girl can ask is wishing you were with us.
I always held on that ID I had in Atlas stating, “The daughter of Engineer Carmelotes”–
The only thing that connects me to you.
You brought me to your work as a very young child.
It honestly means a lot to me.
The basketball league has been part of our life!
Even if you weren’t there with us we continue to be there.
Despite your absence in our lives we reminded ourselves to be strong and to hold on!
Your weakness made us strong!
We took the road that is less traveled and that’s what makes it a great story to tell!
It surely was hard — pain that nobody can understand.
But despite everything we are grateful — thankful that God gave us strengths that everyone struggles to have.
I know you are longing for our love and presence. And we are longing to have a father by our side.
We wish and pray that at the end of this heavy road God will grant our favor and give us a chance.
I hope there is still time to make up everything we missed.
Your grandson, Kyle hopes that you’ll live up to 150 years. Lol.
Surely I laughed so hard and at the same time surprised.
God is full of surprises let’s hope for the better tomorrow!
May you live longer and stay strong as we are fixing the wrong!
We love you even from a far distance you are always in our minds and prayers!
1) Life isn’t perfect. What gets you through the bad times? I focused on what I wanted to accomplish in life! I let the tears flow, wipe them the same day and then get back to what I want to do.
2) How many languages can you curse in? Three. Lol.
3) Are rules made to be followed or broken? Why? It depends on what kind of rules you are stating here. If the rules are for the good of everyone then I will follow them but if the rules bring more harm than good to others I want to do something about it and protect the many.
4) Would you rather be trapped somewhere with humans or dogs/cats? This is a tricky question: human vs. an animal. My answer here is it depends on what human would with me and what kind of situation I am in. But you know, dogs are loyal, too. It is honestly hard for me to pick between humans or dogs. I think either of the two.
5) Have you ever tried something/been somewhere and thought, “Never again!!? Haha, it reminds me of something! Yes, it is at the All-Inclusive Hotel in Cancun, Mexico that we stayed at for my 29th birthday. The food wasn’t great and the drinks were watered down. There were a lot of timeshare people who were trying to get you to purchase a room at the hotel. They waste hours of your time trying to convince you to buy and will not take “no” for an answer. The promoters make it hard for you to leave. I learned my lesson to not go back to an All-Inclusive 3 star Hotel. A couple of $$ more can make your stay better and you will enjoy the food of the country you are visiting.
My Nominees Are:
I divided them into categories so you the reader can easily identify in case you are looking for a particular blogger. I enjoyed reading and following them myself.
Lifestyle and Other Blogs:
- Lori behind Circle Square Oval
- Nilakshi behind Merakimusings
- Brenda behind My Angels Voice
- Tena behind Virginia Nymph
- Tiffany behind 4_You_I_Will
- Denise behind Many Facets Of Life
- Aura behind Psic Diaria
- Um Mishael behind All Moms Blog
- Swati Sharrma behind Simply Beautiful
- Alpana behind Kabhifact Kabhifiction
- Eduardo behind Simple Illusion Blog
- Keri behind Bon Voyage With Kids
- Elizabeth behind Anchored Adventure
- Alana behind Course Charted
- Pat behind Cancer Road Trip
- Rob and Masha behind Dancing Pandas
- Irfan behind The Good Life With IQ
- Oli in Travel Bugs World
- Carpe Diemeire
Questions For My Nominees
- Do you encourage others to help minimize the use of plastic to protect our environment?
- Have you traveled somewhere and been surprised at what it feels like to arrive in that place?
- Do you have a story to tell? In what way you will inspire children?
- Do you prefer one season over another when traveling?
- Is there anything about yourself that you question and or is it a mystery to you? What is it?
My Other Awards
- Rodes On The Road Got Nominated For Bloggers Recognition Award
- Gracefully Versatile Award 2019 For Rodes On The Road
- Rodes On The Road Got Nominated For The Liebster Award 2019
- Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination: Are We An Inspiring Page?
Disclaimer: Some links in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through them I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. This helps cover the cost of running this blog. Thanks for your support!
Simply Beautiful ß
Congratulations on the nomination of Mystery Blogger Award. You deserve it ! And thank you for nominating me too. I love your blog and I love the facts you shared here about you. Also, I read your experiences and thoughts in answers to the questions here in this article and I can really relate to some of them very well. I love the poem you shared. It was quite emotional.
Thanks for reading it, Swati, and giving time to visit the site. I am glad you can relate to some of my answers here. With regards to the poem, it came from the heart.
Very well-deserved nomination! I love your facts, the poem and the questions. Thank you for nominating me and I had fun answering those. Congratulations and all the best!
Kim Kay Blake
Congratulations on your nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award. I had no idea such a thing existed. Good luck to you.
Wow! Huge congratulations! This is so neat, and it was quite interesting reading through the information and your responses.
Thank you, Hilari hope you enjoyed it.
That is very exciting! I am curious what three languages you can curse in? LOL
Haha, it is my local dialect and my Filipino national dialect!Lol
Congrats! Looks like a fun nomination process too!
Congratulations! It was great getting to know you better through this article!
Thank you, Angie! I want my readers to know me better.
Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your poem. I love how you took something painful and became stronger through it. Good for you!
Thank you and I am glad to hear you like it.
Congrats on this award! These are fun to get and to read of others.
Congratulations on your nomination! That is very exciting! Thanks for sharing some info so we can get to know you!
You are welcome Jaci!
Congratulations!!! What a wonderful accomplishment and recognition. It certainly takes a lot of work to maintain a blog, and you deserve this wonderful award!!
Thank you Annette for the kind words. Thanks for stopping by.