In honor of one of our important heroes today I compiled some of his quotes that I love and words that are useful for us to live by. We are blessed to have these people who fought to have our freedom now.
They are the ones who are not scared to speak the truth when they need to. Our leaders of yesterday have the full courage to put their life there in honor for future generations to enjoy the freedom of equality between races, nationalities, color, and religion.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr. is a famous leader and spokesman in the American civil rights in the year 1955 until his assassination in 1968. Aside from being an activist, he is a Baptist minister. And he is responsible for the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Below are the following famous quotes that he shared with everyone and some of us lived and adored.
40 Famous Quotes Of Marthin Luther King Jr.
1. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
3. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
15. “Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.”
16. “Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.”
17. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
18. “We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn’t matter with me now because I’ve been to the mountaintop… I’ve looked over and I’ve seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.”
19. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
20. “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
21. “A lie cannot live.”
22. “For when people get caught up with that which is right and they are willing to sacrifice for it, there is no stopping point short of victory.”
23. “Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.”
24. “The moral arc of the universe bends at the elbow of justice.”
26. “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
27. “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.”
28. “Nonviolence is absolute commitment to the way of love. Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another.”
29. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.”
30. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
31. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
32. “You know, a lot of people don’t love themselves. And they go through life with deep and haunting emotional conflicts. So the length of life means that you must love yourself. And you know what loving yourself also means? It means that you’ve got to accept yourself.”
Words To Ponder and Live By
33. “We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.”
34. “You can kill the dreamer, but you can’t kill the dream.”
35. “Even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.”
36. “The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict.”
37. “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.”
38. “The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.”
39. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.”
40. “I am not interested in power for power’s sake, but I’m interested in power that is moral, that is right and that is good.”